Member Profile: UL Quality Assurance Services For The Jewelry Industry
With more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions and dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in new and important ways, facilitating trade and providing peace of mind.
We provide the knowledge and expertise to help customers navigate growing complexities across the supply chain, from compliance and regulatory issues to trade challenges.
UL jewelry testing programs mitigate risk, help ensure regulatory compliance and brand protection, and facilitate global market access.
Registered with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as an accredited third-‐party testing laboratory, our worldwide locations test to international, federal, regional and industry standards.
Our global UL Jewelry Centres for Excellence are each staffed with a dedicated UL jewelry team comprised of seasoned jewelry industry professionals and safety scientists.
UL’s testing services for fine, fashion and children’s jewelry include:
- UL Diamond Verification Programs
- UL Finished Jewelry Verification Programs
- Gemstone Verification and Identification
- Precious Metal Verification
- Plating Thickness and Fineness
- Plating and Base Metal Material Composition
- Quality, Safety and Performance Testing
- Fire Assay
- Regulatory Compliance Testing
UL jewelry inspection programs provide a vital check on product and manufacturing quality at every stage of production to help minimize potential quality issues along your supply chain.
Our global, multi-‐lingual team of jewelry inspectors includes Master Gemmologist Appraisers, Diamond Cutters, GIA Graduate Gemmologists, GIA Diamond Graduates and Accredited Jewelry Professionals.
Currently inspecting jewelry in over 40 countries including the United States, Turkey, Italy, Israel, China, India and Thailand, UL jewelry inspection services for fine and fashion jewelry encompass:
- Diamond and Gemstone Cut, Color, Weight and Quality Range
- Required Country of Origin, Trademark & Fineness Stampings
- Client Proprietary Requirements
- Casting, Construction and Overall Manufacturing Quality
- Precious Metal Weight Verification; Stone Setting Quality; Plating Color
- Labeling, Boxing and Packing Requirements
- Quantity Verification; Functionality and Sizing
- Workmanship and Aesthetics
As the jewelry industry continues to source goods and materials in ever more dynamic ways, UL’s Consumer and Retails Services (CRS) division can provide responsible sourcing solutions to achieve crucial peace of mind and instill consumer confidence and integrity behind your brand.
UL CRS division provides responsible sourcing auditing and advisory services, which include supply chain monitoring, training, research and program development.
UL is approved by the Responsible Jewellery Council (RJC) to conduct Certification assessment throughout the jewelry supply chain, as well as by the electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) and London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) to conduct Conflict Minerals assessment globally.
UL advisory and monitoring services include:
- Social Responsibility and Accountability
- Conflict Minerals and Raw Material Traceability
- Risk Services and Capacity Building
- Conflict Mineral, Raw Material and Diamond and Gemstone Traceability
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org